Monday 22 October 2007

Booglie Eyes Shadow Card.....

This is my first Shadow Box card, you can find the very clear instructions on splitcoaststampers in the resources section....

I started by cutting one piece of white and one piece of sliny black card 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". I scored on both pieces of cardstock at 1/4 and 1/2 on both the sides ie left and right hand side on both white and black card. I then glued the spider paper onto the white.









I stamped the spiders 3 times and coloured them with my black embossing pen and embossed them with crystal powder. I used the 1 3/8 circle punch and 1 1/2 circle punches to cut them out. I stamped the happy boo to you on only orange card and cut out using a 2" oval punch and added a black oval punch underneath to one side for the shadow! I used some strong double sided tape to go down each side.


For the Front I cut another layer in purple to go behind the black front card which I had cut an oval using my fiskars oval cutter.


Then I glued the front to the back as shown below in the two photos.....


I then stamped the bats, dracula and ghost and coloured them in. I added diamond dust to the ghost to gliter him up! Also I stamped the Happy Halloween Hostess Set party punch and cut it out with the round tab punch. This was glued to the top of the card.

The card actually will fold flat to go in an envelope.

I will play some more with this set and get back to you.
Jenny:-) xx






This is what it looks like before adding all the scary bits to the front!

6 comments:

Courtney said...

Wow. GREAT card! Thanks for the awesome tutorial, too! TFS!!

Unknown said...

WOw! This is an awesome card. Thanks for the instructions.

patty
www.paperpiecingpatty.blogspot.com

Scrappy Moments said...

Great Card, Too Cute ! Thank You for The Instructions too, I may have to try it :)

Angie

Sarah Green said...

this is just to just!!!!!

Tara said...

I love this set...I love what you did with it to use so many of the little guys for your shadow box!!! CUTE!! :)

Mary said...

Wow - you certainly surpassed yourself this time. I'm gobsmacked. We'll have to use up one of our 'Addicted Ladies' days for you to show us how to do this one. Perhaps as a Christmas one???? I hope you've put this one by as my halloween card - hint hint.
Mary xxx

 
09 10