Thursday 18 October 2007

My First Acetate Card.....

OK Sharon, How long have we had these Acetate Covers!! Finally found them and had a play.

I stamped them with Doodle This stamp set with white Stazon. I ran the heat gun over them quickley. The card is doodle bug bazzil cardstock - cupcake. I first cut the back piece 8.5cm x 8.5cm, then glued this with tape to the back of the cover, ie behind the acetate cover. Then I opened the cover, still working on the backside. The next layers were 8cmx8cm and then 7.5cm x 7.5 cm. I stamped the inside with pink passion and a penny black sentiment.

Hope that is clear, the last instructions is whats behind the front layers!!!






This is what it should look like at this stage:-)



For the Front section, I glued a piece of pink card 7.5 cm x 7.5cm to the inside of the front of the acetate. To do this, I layed the card on the inside and pressed down the front on top of it, therefore its stuck to the front but from behind.

Then I cuttlebugged some vellum with the divine swirl folder and stuck this to some pale pink. I used the ticket corner punch and added some glitter brads from the range. I layered this on some pink card the same size of the white on the inside, therefore you can't see the white from the outside if you lay the card flat.....

I stamped the flower 3 times on different shades of pink and added a pearl brad.





This is a view from above the card.

Hope this all makes sense.

Have a lovely evening.
Jenny:-) xx

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This card is beautiful! i am partial to acetate cards, but this one ranks at the top!

Sonya said...

Soooo pretty!! I have never made a acetate card but you are really making me want to...beautiful colors and I have the Doodle This set and Love it..great way to use it!

Sarah Green said...

Jenny you are amazing I just love stopping by your blog!!! the last pic you took of this card is just breath takeing!!!!! TFS

SHAZGOO said...

Hi jen
I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card. It's fabulous. I now have to hunt my acetate cards out, could take a while!!!
I'm SOOOO lucky to have such a talented friend. I now only have 1 blogsite I need to CASE cards from. HEE HEE. (Plus Janette's when she can blog again).
Huge Hugs Sharon x x x

 
09 10