Tuesday 16 October 2007

My First Triangle Trifold Card......

I've been wanting to try out one of these Triangle Trifold Cards for ages, so this is what I came up with.....

(Sorry Red and Green again, will make another one later no red and green will be in sight!!!)


You can find the tutorial here.



This size though is a touch bigger than the sizes used in the tutorial. I used a sheet of red papermania 12 x 12 cardstock and cut it into 3 slices, therefore 4" x 12". That way you can get 3 cards out of one sheet. I scored it at 4 and then 8 to get my folds. Then the rest is the same as the splitcoast tutorial.

I used a 3" scallop circle, then 2.5" circle punch (cuttlebugged it with tiny bubbles), the next layer is the 2" circle which I stamped in red using LINEN background stamp. The next layer is from the Punch Pal stamp set. Most of the images fit inside some of the punches, so much easier!!

I used the scallop punch to cut out Tis the Season image, then the 1 1/4 circle punch and finally the 3/4 circle punch. I added a tiny, tiny gem in the centre. I added some red ribbon behind the circles and wrapped this around the card and added the tag punch.



I stamped all over the inside of the card with the diddie snowflake stamp from the punch pal set.
Then stamped the trees and added some glamour diamond dust to the bottom to make snow! The penguin which I coloured in with my watercolour pens.


Don't forget to enter the BLOG CANDY it finishes tomorrow at 9am.


The ladies did some lovely shoe boxes last night, this takes alot of work and we really enjoy it.xx

I will try out the sizes on the tutorial for another one of these trifold cards and upload it later.

Jenny:-)xx

3 comments:

Sonya said...

I love tri fold cards and this one is just beautiful! beautiful work.

JB-Crafting Supplies said...

Lovely tri fold cards Jenny. This is something I have not yet tried but I will.

Christine said...

I've got all the bits ready to make one of these tri fold cards - but not made one yet! I really must after seeing yours, it's beautiful

 
09 10