Friday 16 May 2008

New Weekly Colour Challenges on 'In Love with Stamping'


Cor! Loads of Challenges used for this card.

Over at In Love with Stamping our new UK Version of Splitcoaststampers! They are doing weekly Colour Challenges, now we get to do 2 lots.....

I also wanted to have a go at Beates Tutorial she did this week, the GRID Technique, so I did that as well on this card.

Also Used one of the sets that are included on Stampin' Up's Special Offer this month Close as a Memory and Joy Wheel.

The challenge ILWSC1 was to use Brocade Blue, Only Orange, Apricot Appeal....These are not my sort of colours I like to use but hey! I wanted to play along with the VERY FIRST Challenges and also the colours do actually go well together, Might need my sun glasses to look at it after a while but anyway......

This is a square card, Brocade Blue 14cm x 14 cm (Got to give measurements for Mary!)

I stamped the Canvas Background stamp on the left hand side and went down the part that was left with the JOY stampin around wheel all in Brocade Blue. I added a bit of Dazzling Diamonds to the flowers.

Next I took a piece of whisper white 9cm x 9cm and used my scor pal to do the grid embossed lines, you can use a cutter with a scoring blade to do this as well if you don't have a scor pal....

Next I inked up the Canvas Background stampe with Apricot Appeal and place the scored piece of whisper white on the stamp and ran my fingers all over it to get the patchy effect (just like Beate says...) Then I took my mens shaving brush and went all over it with Apricot Appeal and Only Orange around the edge. I layered this on to a piece of Apricot Appeal 9.5cm x 9.5cm and pricked all around the edges. I stamped the flowers in Only Orange from the Close as a Memory stampset, twice without reinking.

I added some Brocade Blue wide ribbon and a Oval from the Hodge Podge set, with Cherish stamped in Brocade Blue from the Welcoming Words stampset - a Level 1 Hostess Set. I added a piece of Only Orange 6cm x 12cm which I embossed with the Swiss Dots cuttlebug folder.

There you go my first In Love with Stamping Challenge complete - Roll on the next one.

Hope you all have a good weekend, Don't know where this week has gone!
Thanks for looking,
Jenny:-)xx

4 comments:

Need More Time to Craft said...

Jenny.......love this card. Now I know how to do that diamond affect. Been so busy this week I missed Beate's technique. Will check that out over the weekend. Glad you enjoyed doing the Challenge.
Carole x

Mary said...

Lovely card, yes the colours are not my colours altogether but they do look super on your card.I also like that diamond affect. Thanks for the measurements, see someone does listen to my requests - thanks for that Jenny. Luv ya!
Mary xxxx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous car. I love those colours. Deb x

Anonymous said...

I love these colors, it's so beautiful !

 
09 10