Saturday 7 February 2009

Bloomin' Beautiful......Shadow Card.

Hi There, Sorry I haven't updated much this week, but HEY! My VAT return is complete, so back to business next week.... The snow returned here yesterday and my Boys were sent home at lunch. They arrived home with tons of Boys!!! Hence to say we didn't get our work done and they emptied the cupboards of food. Cor! I needed to make a card today. So when we got back from the beach (went to get seaweed for the allotment compost bins), I pulled out this stamp set. I have a Class on it next week and this is one of the cards we will be making. Its a shadow card. I have made a few of these sorts as they fold flat for posting, but also stand up nicely.

I started by stamping the Hydrangeas 4 times on Very Vanilla, then coloured them in using the SU Markers. I layered different parts of the flower and popped them up using 3D foam pads. I couldn't make my mind up whether to add glitter or not! What do you think?

For the base card, cut 2 pieces of cardstock 4 1/4" x 5 1/2", score each sides at 1/2" and 1", this allows it to fold flat and also pop up to form a 3D shape. I used nesties to cut the circle in the front piece and also to cut the scallop frame in More Mustard. For the inside I added a piece of So Saffron and So Saffron designer paper before I stamped the blossum verse all over the So Saffron in the same ink.
For the sentiment, I added a Pewter hodge podge hardware frame and brads. The sentiment is from Always in My Thoughts stamp set.
This is the bowl of flowers coloured in with the SU Markers.

You can see all the layers in this photo.

Hope you have a nice weekend, Happy Stamping!
Thanks for looking,
Jenny:-)xx

3 comments:

Hayley said...

WOW - this is stunning! TFS

Stamps and Paper said...

Another stunning card Jenny, haven't tried a shadow box card but its so effective.

Anne x

Unknown said...

Hi Jenni, the cars is wonderful. I like the colours.
Bye Irene

 
09 10