Wednesday 30 September 2009

Christmas Jingle......

Can you believe that Today is the last day to place orders from the current Stampin' UP! Catalogue? Where has the last year gone....

You are in a treat tomorrow though! The Brand New CATALOGUE goes Live Hee Hee

Being a demonstrator, we were allowed to purchase a few Sneak Peaks. I made this Flip Album before the Summer using the I Wish Scrappin Kit. It only uses half a pack so its fantastic value.

I Wish won't be available after today but it is being replaced by a New one called 'Christmas Jingle'. So I made a new Flip Album using the new Scrappin Kit.

For those of you that brought the I Wish Stamp Class from me, I have used exactly the same layout and the measurements etc are all exactly the same. So if you wanted to make another using the Christmas Jingle Scrappin Kit, heres what I did with it.

If you want to purchase the Stamp Class for the step by step cutting instructions etc, it is over on the right for £2.50. The colour of cardstock is the same so easy peasey.....

We were also allowed to buy the new Window Sheets. I thought I would put my new Flip Album into a gift box, I have done you a tutorial.
I used the medium window sheets, to make the lid. Oh! My the photos don't really do the box justice. The window sheets are so strong that my hubbie didn't believe that I made this box, he said I had brought it.......OH! Bless him.

This is the first page and inside cover.
This is the cover open.
When you turn the first page, this is what I did.
This is both sides open.
This is the centre sections.

Window Sheet Box Tutorial.


Take a piece of A4 cardstock and cut it to 8 1/4" x 8 1/4" or 21cm x 21cm

Score at 1/2" and 1" on all four sides.

Cut away the L shape on each corner as shown below.

With the mountains facing up. Cut up the score lines to make the tabs on each corner.

Add double sided tape on all four long sides. This is the inside of the box.

Turn the cardstock over and add double sided tape on just the tab sections.
Use your bone folder to crease all the score lines and start putting your box together. Start at one corner as below,
When all four corners are put together. Take the tape of each side now and fold inside.
Use your bone folder to crease each side to make a nice crisp edge.
Your box base is complete.
For the window sheets Lid.

Cut a piece of Window sheet

7 5/16" x 7 5 1/6" and score at 1/2" on all four sides. Cut at each corner to make a tab as in the base box. Add some double sided tape or one mini glue dot and use your bone folder to crease all the score lines.

Its hard to get a good photo of just the lid.

There, I know what I will be ordering more of tomorrow!!!

Thanks for looking, Sorry for the long post,

Jenny:-)xx

7 comments:

Sabines Basteleien said...

Wow - super, super schön. Ich glaube, ich muss dir mal meine Adresse geben ;-)

Liebe Grüße
Sabine

Mary said...

This is soooooooooo fantastic. thank you for the Tutorial for the box, I can now put my other one in a box before sending it to Canada.
Mary xxxx

Lorraine said...

Great tutorial just off to make one thanks Jenny. Hugs x

simplyfairies said...

Fabulous Jenny you are soooo clever!! thankyou for sharing the tutorial...

GiftsByHeidi said...

I love your flip album! I am signed up for Ustamp and got the directions there. I posted my album to my blog tonight. I love how it turned out. So cute. Now I'll have to make a box for it!

Teri said...

Wow! Jenny I love this album ... it's just stunning! Thank you for sharing the box tutorial too :o)

Teri xx

Merry said...

Love the flip album and the little box it goes in.

 
09 10